The placement policy will be applicable to all students registered for the 2012-13 campus placements of DYPIMCA and is to be followed during the entire duration of the placement season.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA Students
- Student of DYPIMCA expected to complete his/her degree by July 2013 is eligible to register.
- TPO sponsored students, i.e. students those who have signed any bond for pursuing studies at the DYPIMCA must produce NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the concerned authorities/ agencies prior to registering with TPO.
- Students can register for placements only once.
- The role of the TPO (Training and placement officer) is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities. TPO does NOT guarantee a job. Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
- The placement facility is available to all the students registered with TPO through the policy ONE MAJOR & ONE MINOR POLICY. Minor Company’s are one who offers an package upto Rs 2.5 lakhs. Major Company’s are the one’s offering over Rs. 2.5 lakhs. Students can take part in drive of an Major Company if he/she has been offered an job by an Minor company. Students cannot take part in an drive of an Minor Company if he/she has already an job offer of an Minor Company.
- There is no restriction on applying/appearing in interviews until the first job is secured. A student will be considered to have secured a job if his/her name appears in the selection list or an appointment letter is received in the TPO.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or TPO staff or their representatives.
- Once a student has been shortlisted by a company for placement process and receive an offer letter he /she is NOT allowed to appear for the placement drive thereafter.
- If a student is found doctoring his/her resume submitted at TPO his/her registration at TPO will be cancelled immediately and also the matter will be referred to Director.
- A student will be allowed to be exempted from compulsory attendance for PPT for a maximum of 2 companies due to genuine reasons*
- Student will not be allowed to participate in the selection process of the company for which he/she has missed the PPT (Exempting the 2 companies missed due to genuine reasons).
- Any sort of misbehavior on the part of students which affects the decorum of the PPT or the selection process or the reputation of the TPO attracts to cancellation the registration from placement cell . The fine may be increased at the discretion of the Placement Office as per the severity of the situation. e.g. - Asking inappropriate questions during PPT or Interview.
- Cheating in all forms or marking proxies during the selection process is strictly prohibited and those caught indulging in such activities would lose all their points and debarred from the placement process. Also note that no concessions in any form shall be provided in such case.
Note: Genuine reasons include health problems or other reasons subject to approval of TPO.
Guidline For Master Resume
- Master resume will NOT be sent to the company, you need to apply with a different resume for every company
- No bar on the length of master resume, but each and every point will need verification
- The resume with which one applies for a particular company must be a subset of the master resume
- One cannot add/change any point/sub point that is written in the master resume while making his/her resume
- One is allowed to delete points/sub points
- b. If you need to state your point in a different way for the technical and non-technical profile, we suggest you to include it in the master resume itself even if it causes repetition
- Any change in the master resume MUST be done with the permission of TPO; writing the same point in a different way will be considered as a ‘change’ Your resume, before being sent to the company, will be verified